Sunday 27 February 2011

NaNoEdMo - It's Only One Day Away

About a minute ago I realised that in just over a day NaNoEdMo starts. I have no idea how I'm going to find time to finish it, but I sure will try. I'll just have to stop sleeping, and cut down on all the time I spend breathing. It's just a luxury, anyway.

If you aren't familiar with NaNoEdMo, it's a sort of spin-off of NaNoWriMo. You're supposed to spend 50 hours editing a novel during the month of March. I joined in a weak moment about two months ago when March seemed an age away. Now it's almost here, and I'm buried in work. Still. It just never ends.

Anyway, editing a novel. Right. So... How do we do that? I've written a post on editing before with a checklist on what to do when editing. It's easier said than done though. I imagine that for each edit it becomes easier and easier to see your work with a critical eye, but so far I can only see how crappy it is. I can't even imagine how to fix it. I guess I will have to figure it out, and soon.

I'll keep you posted, and good luck if you're participating in EdMo as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment